Chief Sustainability Officer
Make an impact by showing the world that what’s good for the planet is good for business. Help us reach, educate, inspire people and companies to make the right choices.
- Guide our product and operations teams in defining and implementing Uno products for maximum impact, including affecting the experience that reflects the sustainable nature of our offering.
- Educate sales teams and be involved in sales process as a credible knowledge source.
- Interface with partners’ Chief Sustainability Officers on sustainability assessment and accreditation programs and creating momentum for Uno within their organizations.
- Work with our leadership, department heads and vendors to establish sustainable practices in sourcing, manufacturing, distribution, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop messaging and collateral that is accurate, compelling and substantiated.
- Identify opportunities such as partnerships, certifications, policy and regulation that can bring value to Uno, its users and the planet.
- Represent Uno in conferences, panels and press.
- Wholeheartedly devoted to creating a sustainable planet.
- Highly collaborative and able to bring people together.
- An effective communicator who can move people.
- Infectious in your passion for doing the right thing.
- Actively seeking solutions to big problems.
- Patient with people, organizations and processes.
- Reliable at providing accurate and detailed information.
- Able to explain complex topics in thought-provoking ways.
- BA in Business, Sustainability Management, or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate sustainability.
- Deep understanding of sustainability concepts such as the circular economy, power purchase agreements, recycling behavior design, biophilia and life cycle analysis.
- Understanding of sustainability certifications and best practices such as LEED, TRUE, SITE, etc.
- Knowledge of sustainability metrics and assessment methodologies.
- A vast network of connections in the corporate, public and academic sustainability world.
- Direct experience with or demonstrated knowledge of corporate and public sector sustainability programs.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously involving diverse stakeholders and requiring frequent communication.
- Working at startup or tech company is a plus.
- Global experience is a plus.
By sending us an email
with your resume and a cover letter.